Tuesday 17 September 2013

16: Fallacy - Black Market Boy


Hmm. After that run of incredible comes something of a comedown. Hated this on first listen, all tedio-rap sounding far too much like pop-rap for my liking.

It grew on me a bit, and I started to see some light in the cracks. He is a good rapper, just not my thing - good voice but I have no interest in what he's saying. There's a great Skully DJ Skit which cuts into the Groundbreaker track - which is better stuff, production is okay, fairly urgent. The rapping's all 'Look at those girls, look at my wheels' type stuff but it all fits together okay.

And then a lot more of the same (18 tracks on the itunes version). And then! The most fateful of mid-nighties bonus tracks! A ShyFX and T-Power Jungle remix of Groundbreaker. As bad as it sounds

Here's Skully:


And here's that tune (albeit with a crazy guy dancing):




No comments:

Post a Comment