Saturday 14 December 2013

12: Fleapit - Music From The Ditch


And finally, after a run of boring records a good one. A really good one at that. So good, I think this topples Braintax as my favourite so far.

The Welsh contingent blend together some stupid rhyming with first rate production along some vocal scratching. It's wondrous and reminds you why the best hip hop came out of the fringes rather from the capitol. Anomalous Assault is typical of the Fleapit sound - straight up Vinyl Vulture jazz production and some daft rapping.

Greyskull Takeover Bid, however, is the song I've listened to more than any other this year. Roundtable like medieval jazz goes on whilst the MC talks to all the minor characters from He-Man and leads into a song about mortgages. A few Greyskull samples top it off. It's just incredible.

It's all done in a respectable 12 tracks. And there we go: My favourite record on the list.

I'LL KEEP THE WIG ON:

No comments:

Post a Comment